World We Dare to Imagine Part 1

I would like to make this world a better place by raising the pay for school teachers. American public school teachers make a median annual salary of just over $55,000. I think the teachers in America are under paid based on the true value what they do. If we want to attract and retain top talent in the teaching profession so that we can eventually build a better education system for all people, we need to raise the salary for teachers. I think that the teachers work really hard. They have extended working hours. Most full-time teachers don't end their jobs at the same time as the classes end. They stay longer and provide extra time to those needing help. After which they have to bring home tasks, check test papers and many more. While most of us enjoy our weekends, they can be doing extra jobs to compensate for the low salary from their teaching job and hence affect their quality of teaching. A public school teacher is an all around worker. They pay for educational stuff with personal funds. The government is blind about this, but it is a disturbing reality that the public school teachers must face every day of their teaching lives. The irresponsibility of our government takes a toll as the teachers themselves bridge the gaps of budget constrains to provide school materials for the kids, even the cost of tuition fee themselves.


If we really think about it, teaching is the greatest profession of all. Who taught you how to read, write, think, count and other essential life skills you needed for everyday life? Who taught our leaders from the past how to govern us, how to repeat these learnings until we are all able to build a society. We may not realize how important teachers are, but if you really think about it, from early childhood ages parents send their kids to pre-school and on. Kids are there at least 8 hours a day or more.


I would like to propagate the importance of these people who supported our parents mold us to who we are right now. The whole community surrounding us right now, the leaders of our society, upholders of peace, they won't be there if not for the teachers. Teachers are the second parents to us that need to get paid what they are worth and I hope to be able to do that.

Comments

  1. I completely agree with you; being a teacher is an underrated job and they do not get payed enough. The impact a teacher can have on his students is huge––it depends solely on the teacher whether you like a class or you don't. While looking for a solution for this problem you have to find a source for the money which is sustainable: because of the size of the project the government would be the low hanging fruit. In addition you have to consider whether you want to tackle the problem globally or locally. In Italy for example, the average high school teacher has a net income of $2000 a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with this. I think a lot of people forget about how much our teachers growing up shaped us into who we all are today. The struggle with this plan is where the extra money for the teachers will come from. I think the next step is to go to the government with a reasonable plan to pay the teachers a fair wage with the argument you used about how it will attract better people to want to be teachers.

    -Christian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this is an unfortunate reality of the public schooling system. Teachers are extremely undervalued and both the government, and especially the students, don't realize just how tough their job is. I believe that the teachers should be paid more fairly, and the government should allocate more money to their programs so they don't have to use their own money to teach their students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Blog - II

Expert Article - Draft - Secrets of Saffron

How I killed Pluto and why it had it coming