Who You Are MATTERS


I come from Tehran, the capital city of Iran. I am the youngest of 6. I grew up with my two siblings until we all moved to the U.S. for a better education and to be with the rest of my siblings, who are half American-half Iranian.

I don't exactly know where I am going or where I will end up, but I hope to be happy, healthy and successful in the future. I own my own freelance Graphic Design business now and hope to expand that. I am planning to get there by finishing my degree here at USC.

Both of my parents are very kind and generous. I find myself to be a lot like my mom, in the way she always helps people. If she sees you need help, she tries her best and goes out of her way to help you. I think I am selfless like my mom.I don't feel like I am unlike my parents in any way.

At this age, I don't think I am operating under someone else's expectations except for myself. When I was younger, I thought my family had expectations from me to succeed in a certain way, especially being Persian, but I was wrong. It was me who was putting too much pressure on myself and always wanting to do the right things in life. In the Persian culture, families usually expect their kids to become doctors, lawyers, engineers and on. Since I am the youngest of 6, I felt I needed to follow my sibling's footsteps and at times felt that I wasn't doing so. All of my siblings have finished college with Phds and Masters, so I always looked up to them and tried to be like them. It didn't work out for me when I was younger, but now that I am back in school, I know that I can do better and I am doing great!

My dad is the person who serves for me as a model. He is a very kind, intelligent and a very generous person. The way he treats people is very admiring to me and I always try to follow his footsteps in many ways. My dad is very valuable to me. I have always looked up to him.



I feel a special connection to horses. I grew up having horses, so I have always loved them. I don't have any horses here in California, so I try to go to the stable near my house and watch the horses they have there. This is my horse Peeshtaaz.



A significant childhood encounter that I have had with nature would basically be my whole childhood going to our country house which was on the foot of a mountain with beautiful dessert and farm land views. We kept our horses there in the stable and and two watch dogs. On this property, we have beautiful pomegranate trees that produced delicious pomegranates. To this date, I remember the taste of them and I have not found anything like them.  We also had many fig trees but there was one fig tree that was by one of our swimming pools. This tree would always have the juiciest figs in the summer. I have so many good memories under that tree. It shadowed over the corner of the pool. Those were the best snacks when we were having a fun summer day by the pool. I have not visited there in 6 years and hope to back there and visit soon.





Rising Sign: Capricorn
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Moon Sign: Virgo

Comments

  1. Your blog was fascinating especially with the pictures to coincide with your backstory. I havent met anyone from Iran yet in my life, so this is very intersting. Living near that mountain in Iran was such a naturist beautful aura. I wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the interest in freelance graphic design. If you do logos hmu in need of an updated logo for my company.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Blog - II

Expert Article - Draft - Secrets of Saffron

How I killed Pluto and why it had it coming