Book Blog

I have started reading "How I killed Pluto and Why It had It Coming" and so far, I like it. I am only a chapter and a half in.  After Professor Hansen gave a brief summary of this book in class, I knew I would want to read it at some point so what better time than now. I live less than a mile from the California Institute of Technology. This is where professor Mike Brown, the writer of this memoir, worked. My sister is also in the astronomy world and I live with her. She works at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (NASA) In Pasadena. NASA is associated with Cal-Tech in many of their projects, so I often hear about new or old space activities from my sister. I liked the tone of this book. English being my second language, I am not a fan of reading but this book has me captured so far.It is not too intense for me to understand. I am sure I will be talking about this book with my sister and get her feed back. 

It was intersting to learn that the seven days of the week were named after the seven original planets. I am eager to read the rest of this book to learn how Professor Brown killed Pluto ! I hope to keep connecting with this book so that it becomes an easy read for me.I think I will read Growing a farmer next since I have been arounds farms most of my life. 

-Niki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Blog - II

Expert Article - Draft - Secrets of Saffron

How I killed Pluto and why it had it coming